• 877-439-8800

FAQ: Ways to Pay Your Account

We want payment to be as stress free and simple as possible. No matter how you prefer to pay your bills, we have several payment options you can use to pay your account with us.

Our payment options include:

  • Online payment
  • Pay by card over the phone at 877-439-8800
  • Mail a physical check to our business address
  • Check by phone at 877-439-8800
  • Bank wire transfer
  • Western Union money transfer

What’s the best way to pay my account?

When in doubt, you can always call our customer service line at 877-439-8800. Our friendly customer service representatives are always available to help you with any questions regarding your balance and payment options. Just tell a consumer representative your story, and they will help walk you through the most convenient payment option for you.

All customer service calls are answered in-house by professional customer service representatives at our New Jersey headquarters.

Do I have to pay the full balance?

Each case is handled differently, but many of our clients are open to negotiation. Our customer service representatives often work with consumers like you and our clients to reduce the overall amount of money consumers must spend to resolve their balance. To find out your options for your individual case, please call 877-439-8800 with your Eltman case number and tell the representative you’d like to negotiate the balance.

Do I have to pay it all at once?

We know that a large balance can be too much to pay all at once. Our customer service representatives regularly work with consumers to establish reasonable payment plans to resolve the balance over time. Payments can be scheduled monthly and made by debit card or by physical check.

I want to pay, but it’s too hard for me to pay right now. What should I do?

If a specific economic emergency is making it impossible for you to pay the amount due, we can help. Eltman Law offers hardship and deferment programs for consumers in need of help. All hardship cases are evaluated on a one-by-one basis, and you can apply for a hardship exemption by filling out the form on this page.

How Eltman Law’s Consumer Advocate Can Help You

Even if Eltman Law is representing a client that has a judgment against you, we want to treat you like a human being. Our law firm employs an in-house Consumer Advocate whose job is to represent your best interests as we proceed with you. Here are some of the ways our consumer advocate can help you:

Know Your Rights & Protections

There are a number of consumer protection laws that apply to you and your dealings with debt collectors. The laws regarding consumer debt collection are covered in the FDCPA, FCRA, and TCPA. Of course, you may not have the time or patience to read through lengthy legal documents.

Our consumer advocate can help. He has represented consumers being harassed by debt collectors, and he explain how these laws apply specifically to you and your case. You will find your dealings with debt collectors much less stressful when you know your rights and protections.

Set Up a Payment Plan

In most monetary judgment cases, the amount owed is too high for the consumer to pay all at once.  However, state governments require that creditors’ and their attorneys enforce a mandated annual interest rate on judgment balances.

Unfortunately for consumers, this means that interest continues to accrue when the balance is too high to pay off. We can help. We regularly work with consumers to develop a reasonable payment plan that fits within their budget and freezes the interest on the judgment balance.

Reduce Your Existing Payment Plan

Payment plans are not set in stone. There’s nothing wrong with being optimistic about how much you can afford to pay, and we know that life happens.  If you feel you are at risk of falling behind on your payment plan, please reach out to the consumer advocate.  He will review your payment plan and update it to work with your new budget. He might even give you some budgeting tips if you ask nicely!

Temporarily Postpone Your Payments (Deferment)

If a specific economic emergency has made it hard for you continue making your monthly payments, you should reach out to the consumer advocate right away. He can review your case and may allow you to temporarily defer your payments without gaining any additional interest.

If you default on your payments without requesting a deferment, we will be required by the state to resume charging interest. We want to work with you so you don’t have to pay additional interest.

Permanent Hardship Relief

If you feel that an economic hardship has made it impossible to pay the balance due on your judgment, you may qualify for hardship relief. The consumer advocate reviews all hardship relief cases on a one-by-one basis, and you can apply for hardship relief here.

Restore Your Financial Standing

Debt affects consumers in many different ways, and it unfortunately makes life harder for a number of consumers. Unfortunately, there are several alternative financial institutions that prey on people in need of financial recovery by charging unfair fees. The consumer advocate wants to help point you in the right direction before it’s too late.

We understand that resolving your account with us is just one of many steps on your road to financial recovery, and we want to make sure you get back on your feet. You can use many resources in order to settle all of your debt, restore your credit, and be able to enjoy the money you work so hard to earn.

Consumer Advocacy at Eltman Law


FAQ: Eltman Law’s Hardship Program

Eltman Law has sent me a letter about a debt. What if I can’t afford to pay?

We know that dealing with debt can be a stressful process, and we understand if you cannot pay off the full balance right away. You have a few different options. Our customer service representatives can help you design a payment plan based on your income and expenses.

However, you can apply for hardship relief if there is a specific life circumstance preventing you from paying your account.

How do I apply for the hardship program?

Applying for our hardship program is easy! Just click on this link and fill out the form. Please note that this form goes to Eltman Law’s Consumer Advocate, and any information submitted through the form is not shared with any collections personnel.

If you have any questions about our hardship program, our Consumer Advocate can be reached at 212-660-3105.

What counts as a hardship?

Our Consumer Advocate  evaluates all hardship cases on a one-by-one basis. Common hardships may include the loss of a job, a recent death in the family, or a recent medical emergency.

If life circumstances would make even a reasonable payment plan too difficult for you to deal with, our Consumer Advocate will hear your story.

I want to resolve this matter, but I can only afford a little bit at a time. What can I do?

Don’t worry! We regularly work with consumers to design payment plans that work for them. You can always contact the Consumer Advocate if your payment plan ever starts to feel overwhelming.

I was on a payment plan, but I had a major economic emergency and I can’t make my payments anymore. Now what?

We understand that bad things sometimes happen to good people. We’re happy to help. Just fill out a hardship application and we will do everything we can to make things easier for you.

I am experiencing hardship, and I am a military service member or directly related to a service member. What should I do?

You should contact the Consumer Advocate as soon as possible to discuss what programs you may be eligible for.

Return to Eltman Cares Blog

Contact One Of Our Friendly Representatives!

Get in touch with us!